It's all in the details...

a lifestyle blog celebrating all those little details that make life special

Pages



Monday, May 17, 2021

Get back up and keep going

So today after work, walking to my car to head home I thought to myself, wait? Did you blog yesterday? I had a very nice Sunday afternoon yesterday at a very nice fancy hotel having afternoon tea with my daughter. A reservation I made a month ago for a mother/daughter Mother's Day tea. Talk about it's all in the details. Everything about it we loved, the ambiance, the harp music, the three course tea service, the champagne, and of course the tea. Ever since my daughter was little we have enjoyed tea time, she is now 20. Anywho, long story short, we got home, and my husband was so excited to make us wood fire pizza...that the evening progressed and I totally forgot to blog.  No excuse, but a great lesson for me in discipline and strategy. If I want to stick to this task of being consistent and blogging for 30 days straight I need to a) plan a designated time to blog and b) use a countdown clock to help me keep track.  I have been wanting to create opportunities to apply discipline and consistency in my life, to prove to myself that I can honor my own word.  Yes, I honor my word in certain areas but again, I feel I need discipline and structure. I want to start with something simple I can accomplish and build upon that to bigger and more complex tasks, like sitting down and studying for a certification I need for work, and completing a course I bought two years ago.  I am learning so much, and I want to apply it real time otherwise the years will continue to pass and I will never take any tangible action. So I am not going to beat myself up for breaking my two day streak, yeah I know, I just started and already skipped a day, but again I did learn something...AND I am not giving up. I am getting myself back up, dusting myself off and I am going to keep going.   So, how do I add a countdown clock?  I guess that's google time. I can post about it tomorrow!  Until then...

No comments :

Post a Comment