It's all in the details...

a lifestyle blog celebrating all those little details that make life special

Pages



Sunday, May 23, 2021

Life happens - keep going

 So yesterday my plan was to sit down and spend some quality time creating. That was my plan, but then I realized that I truly wanted to do some of the things I have been meaning to do around the house. I work full time and often get home from work, and have other activities I tend to my team or do lives for my business, or sometimes I simply try to rest because I get out of the house pretty early. I often wake up around 3:45am because I know my intention is to get up at 4:30am most days. My doggie Charlie is usually the culprit for waking me up at that time because he wants to go potty, he probably feels I am half awake anyway and also animals are creatures of habit which is another thing we can learn from them.  So long story short I did not blog yesterday, I knew I still had to do it, but truly realized it more intently after I had finished dinner. We usually do not eat so late, but yesterday I literally went to the store after doing some chores around the house, laundry, deep clean the bathroom, and a thorough sweep and mop around the house. I went to the store around 7:30pm, dinner was done until around 9pm and we did not end up eating up until around 10:45pm, super late for us, but it was Saturday so it was ok.  Laying on the couch after and listening to music with my hubby, I truly realized I had not blogged but decided not to do it. I made the decision because we were living in the moment, but I did not keep my word. Do I beat myself up or do I give myself grace?  I think it is about balance. 

This whole exercise is about finding balance in my life, but keeping consistent and building the discipline muscle to do what I say and say what I do.  So all I can do today is blog, fess up, but move on. On the one hand I feel good about cleaning some of the things I really wanted to take care of this weekend, and do the laundry, I have come a long way about laundry. Another story to tell at another time around that, but I got it done and I feel good.  I cooked a late dinner, had some drinks and listened to music with my hubby, it is truly about the details.  THE NAME OF THIS BLOG.

Today is Sunday - I have no plans, no timelines, no deadlines. Today is about relaxing and doing what I want to do. I am going to work on an inspiration board before diving into the vision board, then go to storage and grab some of my vision board items, take care of taking a picture I need to upload to my poshmark closet. This is just me thinking out loud but setting my intent for the day.  Everything in creation has structure - we must listen to the hints life gives us. I have been seeking structure in my life for years or structure is seeking me. Sure, I have structure in some areas already; it is necessary to live and thrive, but I have found that we can live at our highest potential when we stop and assess what and which areas need structure in our lives and focus on one area at a time until we build a whole new beautiful, strong thing called our best life as opposed to living in autopilot and out of habits that are not serving us.



I am excited, to build healthy habits in my life, I truly believe structure has been seeking me for years. I also believe this is the main reason my soul lead me to this blog. To build structure, the habit of creating, adding value to the world and to stop, noticing, making a pause to count my all my blessings. I will persevere, I will not look at all the time that has lapsed since I begun writing this blog. I have gone through so much transformation over the last 10 years - nothing was in vain, it was all meant to be.

No comments :

Post a Comment